Book of Mormon - Lesson 2
Glimpses of Lehi's Jerusalem
here for link)
Glimpses of Lehi's Jerusalem by David R. Seely,
JoAnn H. Selly, and John W. Welch provides a comprehensive view of Jerusalem at
the time of Lehi. It is posted at the Neal A. Maxwell Institute page and
includes the following articles:
Jerusalem 600 BC.
- Dramitis Personae: The World of Lehi (ca.
- Lehi's House at Jerusalem and the Land of His
- A Woman's World in Lehi's Jerusalem.
- Agriculture in Lehi's World: Some Textual,
Historical, Archaeological, and Botanical Insights.
- Israelite Inscriptions from the Time of
Jeremiah and Lehi.
- Nephi's Written Language and the Standard
Biblical Hebrew of 600 BC.
- Lehi and Egypt.
- Egyptian Society during the Twenty-sixth
- The Kingdom of Judah: Politics, Prophets, and
Scribes in the Late Preexilic Period.
- The Trial of Jeremiah: A Legal Legacy from
- Lehi and Jeremiah: Prophets, Priests, and
- Sacred History, Covenants, and the Messiah:
The Religious Background of the World of Lehi.
- The Calling of Lehi as a Prophet in the World
- The Temple, the Monarchy, and Wisdom: Lehi's
World and the Scholarship of Margaret Barker.
- What Did King Josiah Reform?
- A Seething Pot in the North: International
Affairs Leading Up to Lehi's Day.
- The Divine Justification for the Babylonian
Destruction of Jerusalem.
- How Could Jerusalem, "That Great City," Be
- The Rechabites: A Model Group in Lehi's World.
- Jerusalem Connections to Arabia in 600 BC.
Gospel Doctrine Class
Page created by: email@example.com.
Please E-Mail comments.
Changes last made on:
16 November 2015